Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Memories, how they linger!

Do all things without murmurings and disputings: That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world; Holding forth the word of life; that I may rejoice in the day of Christ, that I have not run in vain, neither laboured in vain. 
Philippians 2:14-16



Spending time with my Mom and my Sister is always an adventure. We tend to talk about old times and old friends. So today was no different. We were heading to the hospital to visit my Grandfather, who is dealing with chronic lung disease. On the way there we got to talking about my Grandmother, who passed on about 10 years ago. My Grandmother was a strong personality. Everyone who met her came away changed, not always for the better! :) She was very opinionated and always told you what she thought, no matter if you asked her or not. If you asked anyone who knew her, they would have some tale to tell about Betty, as she was affectionately known. The thing that always came up was, no matter how sick she was and she was very sick for a long time, she always laughed. She always had a joke to tell, that would have everyone in the room rolling with laughter. As we talked about Grandmother, I got to thinking, how will people remember me? Will I be known by my laughter and happiness? Will I be known as a grumpy woman, too serious for her own good? Or will I be known at all? I hope I am known as someone who shows Christ no matter the circumstances. I hope that my legacy is a family that serves the Lord with all their hearts. I hope that the people who come in contact with me will come away knowing that Christ resides in me. That is my hope.

0 comments:

Post a Comment