Saturday, May 28, 2011

Home Alone!

 5Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. (Hebrews 13:5, King James Version)

So right now, I am sitting in a quiet lonely house trying to keep my mind and heart occupied. This is not a normal state of being for me. With three kids and a husband, my house is usually hustling and bustling. There is usually someone talking to me, whether I want it or not. And always lots of love flowing. Not today, I sent my husband and my two oldest children on a mission trip to southwest Texas. I know they are doing God's work working on a local church and helping to lead a back yard Bible study. That being said, they are there and I am here, alone. I am not solitary by nature. I LIKE my house full of children and their friends. It may get hectic at time, but I LIKE it that way. So now I have to figure out how to be alone for a couple of days. Did I mention that this will be the longest I have been apart from my husband since we got married seventeen years ago? Also, I have never had this much of my family gone at the same time! Really, I am at a loss for how to handle this situation. So I am going to do what I do when I don't know what to do. I turn to God. Specifically I spend more time in prayer and reading His Word. Doing this gives me comfort and joy, because it reinforces the fact that with God I am never really alone. He is with me where ever I go. Now, I still like to have a full house, but this will be bearable, because God is with me!

0 comments:

Post a Comment