Sunday, May 22, 2011

Study Study Study!

We fail in our duty to study God's Word not so much because it is difficult to understand, not so much because it is dull and boring, but because it is work. Our problem is not a lack of intelligence or a lack of passion. Our problem is that we are lazy.
-R.C. Sproul



Sproul was SO right! I can sit with a book of my choice, usually fiction, and read without stopping all day! I love to read. I have read voraciously since I was a small child. I love falling into a book and disappearing. I get caught up in the lives of the characters. So, if I love to read so much, why do I have to force myself to study God's Word? It is because I have to work at it. God is not spoon feeding me. He wants me to put effort into our relationship. He wants me to show Him how much I love Him by digging into the Bible, not with the thought of spending my five minutes reading the Bible, so I can say Sunday, "I did my daily Bible reading." He wants me to STUDY the Bible so I can know Him better. He wants me to read the Bible so He can communicate His desires for my life, and to keep me from making further mistakes. With that in mind, I realize that it may be work, but it is work well worth it. So time to dig in again and see what my Lord has to tell me!

0 comments:

Post a Comment