Thursday, June 9, 2011

Faithful and True

Deuteronomy 7:9
King James Version (KJV)
9Know therefore that the LORD thy God, he is God, the faithful God, which keepeth covenant and mercy with them that love him and keep his commandments to a thousand generations;

Sometimes I stray. Not from my husband, but from my Heavenly Father. I get complacent, or maybe even selfish. I want to do the things I should not, like gossip and complain. I get lazy. I don't want to do my daily Bible reading. I don't want to go to Church. Then I hear that still small voice saying, "I love you!" "Draw nearer to me."    My life begins to unravel, and the peace that I have had gets disrupted. I look around and see the distance I have created between my Savior and me. It is then I have to fall on my knees and beg for forgiveness. I have to humble myself and guess what! When I do that, He is right there waiting!! He opens His arms and draws me close. He lets me know how much He missed me and longs for me when I stray! There is no feeling greater than being in the Arms of my Savior!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment